Saturday, October 6, 2007

Music, my passion

Music, is the only addiction I got, I don't even remember when I got into this addiction...
I belong to a joint family n my elder cousins were used to listen the songs of Kishor, Rafi...etc and a simple child mind were facing a strong influence of music, no way to escape almost all of popular songs of those singers were in my mind by the time. And I was singing them most of the time and that was one of the great time-pass. At that time new songs were coming from movies but they were not up to mark and people of that time had strong feeling "Old is gold" and I still agree with them as mid of 90s was the worst period of Hindi Cinema. However era was changing and private albums were making their presence... ya I'm talking about the boom Indi-Pop. With the release of Sonu nigams private album "Deewana", the scenario was completely changed, and songs from that album were on everybody's tongue. The album Deewana was a great success and over 10 million copies were sold, I also had become a great fan of Sonu Nigam and he is still one of my favorite. But now I'm little disappointed because he is not releasing any private album. I also liked the genuine work of Sonu Nigam in Jaan and Yaad and title songs from all three album are in my great favorite list. In start of 20s we saw great contribution in both Music and Cinema from Bollywood but we were getting ahead of mid 20s, the charm was start disappearing, and now there is no good private albums and we have mutants of singers in playback industry( at least I can't call them they seems shouting on meaning-less lyrics). But Still don't want to give up.
The answer came from Hollywood, their I av lots to explore, and great songs are there from all perspective, now I'm getting feeling that, how can I call myself a music freak, without understanding Hollywood well, as they have genuine music, sound lyrics, great variety in genre. Yes nobody can call himself to music lover before understanding songs from Hollywood, they really have great variety which is still to be explored, which will be completed in my next blog. However I must say that music can't be separated by language or religion. I strongly feel that turning to western music has deepens my love and addiction for music...Sometimes I listen Spanish songs, which I don't understand at all but still give me feeling of great satisfaction.

No comments: