Sunday, August 19, 2007

going to C-DAC, Bangalore.


After being selected at C-DAC Electronics City B'lore for FPGDST, I was filled up with mix of thoughts, feelings which were real hard to express...leaving all behind was not easy for me but it was for a good cause n purpose, purpose of learning which has always been the first purpose of my life, the purpose of achieving excellence in my profession if not perfection, the purpose of gaining the confidence which will make me stand distinctively among all...and the most important of them is to join a community which is consistently serving our country since inception and made our country to have its own series of supercomputers, and proved that professionals from India are skilled enough to take any challenge.
With so much(can't you see ) enthusiasm, I was ready to leave Lucknow but it was reluctant to admit the fact that I'm leaving Lucknow, with such a bemused state, I started boring journey to bangalore, and in the first day @ B'lore I was so bored n was feeling so bad about my departure, actually I wasn't able to find enough reasons to be here. The very next day I was ready to go C-DAC but this time I wasn't feeling that much enthusiasm but after I entered the beautiful campus of C-DAC, things were quite different.
Infrastructure and environment here is so suitable that learning is bound to happen here, in the introductory lecture of the course, they told us that this is a military course in computer science, focusing on practicals it has Parikhsak environment which is a software to test students programs on predefined test cases, so you gotta write perfect code to get your code successful. Machine Graded Programming Test and Machine Graded Programming Assignments, based on this Parikhsak environment are the toughest exams in India, which have given nightmares to previous students. So start studying from today, because these tests will start from next 10 days, consistently for 1 year, to challenge your programming skills, so if you enjoy learning this is the place for you.
The first subject we were taught was UNIX, after all we are going to code Java on UNIX environment, four fast pace lectures were enough to complete all basic UNIX commands. We were given 30 problems to solve, problems were very strange and tough enough to give nightmares to all of us. Mr Raman, who are the most popular faculty here, gave us introduction and tips to prepare for MGPTs and asked us to enjoy our first weekend out 'caz we'll not gonna have time for another. His way of teaching is quite different and impressive. And he'll teach us Data Structure and Algorithms in Java, I'm quite sure that I'll enjoy those lectures. Mr. Balaji, who is teaching us OOPJ is another great teacher, the way he teach, leaves no way for doubts, and if we have doubts he never fail to clear those. Teachers here are actively involved in research, and that's what gives us very distinctive environment of learning.
Challenges are fuel to my energies, accepting these challenges, I'll work hard to accomplish them...I'm really feeling good to be part of such a noble learning environment.

No comments: